After the era of moisturizing and body lotions, serums have taken up their position. We make serums of molecules that have high penetrative power and work wonders with their high-performance ingredients.
There are different serums available in the market which focuses on the whole body. There are a lot of brands in Australia that sell serum. However, brands like Boost lab serums are some exclusive sellers.
We can use them for various aspects like dryness, sensitivity, aging, dullness, and many more. The absorptive power of these serums give a revitalizing effect and creates healthy-looking skin in no time. They are easy to use and adaptable for all skin types as well.
In this article, let us have a look at the various serums available in the market and their functions.
Forms of Serum
- Gel Based Serum- This is a water-based formulation where the skin is given a temporary lift and tightness.
- Anhydrous Serum- This is a serum that is made of oils and actives and contains no water. They are used to sealing in the moisture.
- Bi-phase serums- They boost the natural hydration process of the skin with organic products.
- Emulsion Based Serum- Emulsion acts as a moisturizer, that also comprises high-performance ingredients that strengthen and moisturize the skin.
Types of Serum
- Vitamin C – Also known as a brightening serum, they can even out the skin tone and clean dark spots for radiant skin. Vitamin C can easily penetrate the skin to reduce dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. The results are scientifically proven.
- Vitamin B3 – We also know them as nicotinamide. It is a water-soluble vitamin that reduces enlarged pores, wrinkles, and fine lines, redness, acne, uneven skin. They reduce the dullness of the skin and tighten the lax pores.
They also act as a protecting shield against pollution.
- Multi-Peptide- There are two types of multi-peptides. One comprises a concentrated formula that supports hair growth. It is applied outwardly on the hair to have denser and healthier hair.
The other multi-peptide work as anti-aging problems, by providing intense hydration. They also act as a shield against pollution. The serum can also give an extra boost to the skin and nullify tiredness and stress.
- 2D-Hyaluronic – It aims to provide a two-level moisturization to the skin by its deep penetration. It is the perfect solution for people with dry skin as the serum fights with dry, rough, and irritated skin. It forms a transparent film on the skin, locks the moisture, and strengthens the moisture barrier to reduce the sensitivity of the skin. In this way, the skin stays hydrated all day.
How to use a serum
A serum requires only three easy steps to do its job. It can be used once or twice in the morning or evening according to preference. There are also night serums that are applied while we sleep. Here are the three easy steps to use a serum according to Boost Lab Serums:
- Cleanse or exfoliate the skin as usual and follow it up with a toner (optional).
- Take a few drops of your favorite serum and apply it on the face and neck. Blend it thoroughly with the fingertips.
- Allow it to be absorbed fully by the skin. After this, apply any moisturizer of your preference.
People of any skin type can use a serum without a doubt. It contains a lot of properties beneficial for the skin and body. The new skincare formula is working wonders.