Your laptop will start to accumulate more files and programs over time, as the result of regular use. This might also lead to the deceleration of your laptop’s response time. As a result, it can lower your productivity because it will take a longer time to process your tasks on your computer. One of the simplest ways to fix this problem is by conducting a normal maintenance, like freeing up the hard drive and running the Windows hard drive utilities. You can also add more RAM memory to speed up your laptop’s performance, and prevent some unneeded programs from launching.
If there are some issues that you can’t fix, you can bring your laptop to computer repair in Melbourne. But here are the things that you can do on your own first, if your laptop is running slow.
- Remove the viruses and spyware with update and run your laptop’s virus scanner. This is necessary because a malware can use up the resources of your laptop’s CPU and your laptop’s performance will be slowing down.
- Click the start button and type “msconfig” then press enter key to launch the system configuration key. Remove the item that you don’t need to run in your laptop, by navigating to the “Start Up” tab and see the checklist of the items. Free up the resources in your laptop’s drive by starting only the selected programs when you reboot your laptop.
- Click the start button and type “add or remove programs” then press enter key to launch it to the screen. You can choose the programs that you want to uninstall, so you can free up the space of your laptop’s hard drive.
- Click the start button and type “disk clean up” then press enter key to launch it on the screen. You can check in the box next to the items that you want to remove, and then click “OK” to clean up the space of your laptop’s hard drive.
- You can also add more RAM to your laptop. It will help to speed up your laptop when it runs multiple programs.
If your laptop starts slowing down, it’ll be safer for you to back up all your files and folders, so you can prevent yourself from a data loss, especially if your laptop is already old or experienced crashes and Windows errors. One should use cyber security programs to be secure.