No matter how long you’ve lived in your current abode, you can make your home feel brand new again if you put the design tweaks listed below into practice.
Here are three foolproof ways you can make a home feel brand new again:
Clean, clean, clean!
Cleaning is one of the best things that you can do to make your home feel brand new again. Once you get into those little nooks and crannies and give them a proper clean, everything about your home will be sure to look, feel, and smell impeccable.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or even the expertise required to perform a thorough clean within your humble abode, simply get in touch with someone that can provide you with some much-needed assistance in this instance. When you align yourself with a professional provider of upholstery cleaning services like STEAMCO Cleaning & Restoration, you can be sure that your home will be cleaned from top to bottom. They won’t just do a bit of hoovering and a spot of dusting — they will leave no stone unturned in their bid to clean your property like it’s never been cleaned before!
Change your curtains
Curtains have the potential to completely shake up the vibe in your home. Once you settle on a set that actively accentuates the view from your windows, your humble abode will instantly feel a whole lot fresher.
If you feel like your current curtains have seen better days, now’s the time to change them and invest in a new set. To ensure that you come to the right purchasing decision in this instance, be sure to heed the following advice:
- If they are going to be hung in a large sunny room, make sure you invest in curtains that are made of a durable fabric; maximize the sunlight that enters the small spaces in your home by opting for curtains made of sheer fabric
- Consider the existing color scheme of the room in which your curtains are going to be hung before you make any of the following decisions:
– Energize your rooms with lively curtain patterns
– Create contrast by hanging curtains that stand out from your walls
– Balance out your body decor by hanging subdued curtains
- Create drama in your home by hanging curtains that are long
- Whatever you do, avoid hanging thick curtains up in small rooms and compact spaces!
Move things around
Moving things around is a simple yet effective way to make your home feel brand new again. Placing your furniture and worldly belongings in different positions will open up new dimensions within your home, which in turn will be sure to inject some freshness into your living space. The best thing of all? Performing this simple task doesn’t cost a thing! It is a straightforward and cost-effective way to give your humble abode a fresh lease of life.
If you want to take this task to a whole new level, you should attempt to create some positive Feng Shui within your home. To find out how this can be achieved, be sure to check out this helpful article on the matter.