Hiring a skip bin for domestic rubbish removal is typically easy and straightforward. You call the skip bin Perth company, discuss your waste disposal needs, process the payment, and the skip is delivered to your home.
The skip can simply be placed on your driveway or front yard and picked up when it’s full. However, there are also many people who may not have a driveway or front yard to place the skip bin on or their locality might have height restrictions.
In this case, they would have to request for a skip pass from their local council. With a skip pass, the skip bin can be placed on council property. This may be a nature strip, a footpath, or the road.
Different councils each have their own rules and regulations. In some councils, the skip pass is the responsibility of the skip bin operator. This includes:
- In Perth CBD, customers can acquire a pass at a lower rate than operators
- Some councils will require the customer to acquire a permit
- Some councils will allow skips within a certain size limit on their property for a certain period of time
In most areas in Perth, skips can be placed on a nature strip or footpath without a permit as long as there is enough space for pedestrians to pass safely without having to walk on the road.
In many others, it must be acquired by the customer.
All councils will need the following information when applying for a permit:
- Exact dates the skip bin will be placed on their property
- Detailed plans of where the skip bin will be placed
- Copy of the customer or company’s public liability insurance
Permits and fees, if any, largely vary per council so it’s best to check with your local council.
Hiring a Skip Bin In Perth Without A Pass
If you live in an area where the pass is the operator’s responsibility, hiring one is hassle-free though you must be careful since some companies might charge you for it.
Another way to hire a skip bin without a pass is to hire a mobile skip. It’s best for domestic waste removal of general waste or green waste in cases where you need to place the skip on the road. This removes the need for a skip pass as long as the skip meets parking regulations.
A mobile skip has wheels attached and can be considered a vehicle instead of a skip that may need permits to be placed on roads. It can fit anywhere that fits a car or a trailer.
While it’s a relatively new type of waste disposal, it’s ideal for small projects, events, and domestic waste removal. You can also arrange a “wait-and-go” service where the driver can simply stand by while the skip is loaded and take it away again without leaving the site.
However, this type of skip bin hire in Perth may not be advisable if you need to dispose of a large amount of waste.
Skip Bin Sizes
Depending on your needs, you may need to hire bigger Perth skip bins for your domestic waste removal.
Here are the skip bin sizes you may choose from and their equivalents in 4×4 trailer loads:
- 2.5 cubic metres – 0.8m x 2.5m x 1.5m or 1.5 trailer loads
- 3 cubic metres – 1.1m x 2.5m x 1.5m or 2 trailer loads
- 4 cubic metres – 1.3m x 2.5m x 1.5m or 3-4 trailer loads
- 6 cubic metres – 1.4m x 2.5m x 1.5m or 4-5 trailer loads
- 8 cubic metres – 1.4m x 3.8m x 1.7m or 5-6 trailer loads
- 9 cubic metres – 1.4m x 4.2m x 1.7m or 6-7 trailer loads
- 10 cubic metres – 1.4m x 4.5m x 1.7m or 7-8 trailer loads
If you are planning to do a cleanup or renovation, you can think of your skip bin size requirements in the following terms:
- 2m3 to 3m3 skip bins for small garden or landscaping projects, or renovation or cleanup of one room. Small skip bins can provide ample disposal storage for small projects.
- 4m3 to 6m3 skip bins for larger garden or landscaping projects or when cleaning out and renovating multiple rooms of a house. Major home renovations or big parties can use bins around this size.
- 8m3 to 10m3 skip bins would work for bigger projects. If you need to demolish parts of your home or dispose of sizable green waste, choose a bin around this size. These are usually chosen for some heavy industrial work.
If you’re still not sure about the right skip bin size for your project, get in touch with experts who can advise you on the best skip for your Perth skip bin hire.