Here are 7 homemade DIY cleaners to clean your home. It’s very easy to make these cleaners at home. You can prepare these cleaners using your kitchen ingredients which will be available very easily in any kitchen or you can buy them from any local store or online store. These DIY homemade cleaners will almost work as a store brought cleaners and you can store it in spray bottles so that it would be handy for you to use them.
For preparing this we need water, vinegar, dish soap, and essential oil, You can also use lavender essential oil for its disinfecting properties.
Add 2.5 cups water, 1 cup vinegar, 4 – 5 drops of dish soap and at last add 10-15 drops of essential oil but adding lavender essential oil is an option you can use any essential oil available in your kitchen. Now your all-purpose cleaner solution is ready. shake it well before every use. Please do not use this solution on marble, granite, and stone because it has vinegar and because of its citric property it can ruin the surface.
- Window glasses and mirrors cleaning solution.
For preparing this we need a spray bottle, normal tap water, distilled water, vinegar, and (essential oil optional).
Add 2.5 cups of Distilled water (please use distilled water because it has no minerals), add only 1/2 cup water, add 1/2 cup vinegar (actually acts as a disinfectant and If you don’t like the smell of vinegar you can use essential oil to cut its smell) now our glass cleaner is all ready. shake it well before every use. with this, you can very easily clean mirrors and glass windows.
2. Wooden furniture cleaning solution.
For preparing this we need a spray bottle, vinegar, water, and extra virgin olive oil.
Add 2 cups of water in the spray bottle, add 1 cup plain white vinegar (Vinegar cuts through the greasy, grimy, luckiness that gets stuck to the table after the meals and it’s also mildly disinfecting). and at last add 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil (Olive oil is used to shine, moisturize and protect the wood). Now our wood polish is also ready. shake it really well every time you use it to polish your furniture because oil and water don’t dissolve well and the layer of oil deposits at the top shake it really well before you use it to clean & polish your furniture.
3. Floor cleaning solution.
For preparing this we need a 1 ltr water bottle, hydrogen peroxide solution, rubbing alcohol, camphor ball snow, essential oil, vinegar, and dish soap.
Fill this bottle half with the water, add 1 cup hydrogen peroxide solution (this solution acts as a disinfectant, and it will actually break out the enzymes in the urine also), add 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (this will give the shine to the floor), add 3 – 4 camphor balls (Camphor will keep all the insects out of the house because of its smell and disinfecting property), add 10-15 drops of essential oil, add 1/2 cup vinegar, and at last 4-5 drops of dish soap.
Our DIY homemade floor cleaner is ready I will recommend you to leave this solution overnight so that all the ingredients mix well with each other and don’t forget to shake it well before every use.
You can use 1 cup of this solution in 2-3 liters of water to clean your floor and this solution will act as phenol. In this solution we have rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, essential oil, and all these elements are the best disinfectant for the floor and its very economical also.
4. Kitchen cleaning solution.
For this you need a spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, dish soap, and water.
Add 1 cup rubbing alcohol, add 2-3 cups of water (please don’t use vinegar, as I said earlier it will ruin the granite), and add 4-5 drops of dish soap. Now the kitchen cleaner is also ready with the help of cotton cloth you can very easily clean your countertop, cabinets, etc.
5. Sofa cleaning solution
Clean sofas, mattresses, curtains and all kinds of fabrics around the home with baking soda.
- These days there are numerous different products on the market place for cleaning furniture at home. These are very expensive and contain harmful chemicals that can have an effect on your health.
- The great news is that there are cheaper and a lot of natural ways to clean your home. Baking soda is a household product used to make cakes rise, however it can also be used to clean the sofa.
- Baking soda can be used to clean sofas, carpets, mattresses, curtains and all kinds of fabrics around the home.
- It destroys microbes and bacteria creating the environment safer for your family.
This remedy is extremely effective at removing stains, dirt, odors, and marks from article of furniture.
Let’s take a look at the formula
You will need 6 Tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) 6 Tablespoons lemon juice and 1 Cup hot water.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and blend well.
- Use a sponge to apply this to the sofa or other areas of the house you wish to clean.
- Then use a hard brush to thoroughly coat and work into the fabric.
- Allow this to work on the material for 24 hours before vacuuming.
- You will shortly notice that stains and dirt have been lifted and removed from the fabric.
- The lemon fragrance makes the sofa smell fresh and fantastic.
- This remedy works particularly well for people who have pets. It removes pet smells very quickly and even destroys fleas which will be living inside the fibers.
- It is also excellent for people who suffer from allergies, as baking soda is very gentle and natural, and is considered hypoallergenic.
- It is effective at lifting dried vomit, foods, urine and grease, so you’ll be able to use this for all kinds of issues.
- If you simply would like to get rid of odors, then you may simply sprinkle the dry baking soda onto the sofa and brush in. The alkaline properties of the powder get rid of smells and are then vacuumed away.
- Be sure to try leaving a cup of open baking soda in the refrigerator. This naturally deodorizes the refrigerator from food aromas.
- You can also use baking soda to tenderize meat, to whiten the skin, to lighten dark circles and to treat acid reflux.
These 7 DIY homemade solutions are very easy to make. The floor cleaner will easily last for 20-25 days according to the size of this bottle, Wood cleaner & polish, glass cleaner, and kitchen cleaner will last for good 1 month. one more important thing, please check the expiration date of every ingredient before filling it in the bottle that when it’s going to expire and then accordingly add that particular thing in this bottle so that you would know for how long you can use it.
For cleaning carpets & upholstery we need a Best carpet cleaner machine these machine will save you hell lot of money as we all know that professional carpet cleaning service will cost $250 – $350 approx per vist in the long run we will end up paying hell lot of money for professional carpet cleaning service and with Carpet clean DIY tips &tricks you can save lot of money on carpet cleaning solutions as well.
I wish you the Health and wealth.